Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Productive Day

Today was a productive day, both from a personal, healthcare viewpoint and from a moving forward with our remodeling perspective.

The day started at Morton Plant Hospital where we took 10 minutes to arrange to have records sent to my doctor at Mayo.  She actually called me last evening and helped me adjust my medication schedule.  We were surprised when she said that all of my symptoms -- chills, shaking, headache, and fever -- could have been a reaction to one of the medications I am on rather than having any bacterial or viral cause.  Sadly, I will slowly go back on the same medication and be back at the same dose that gave me problems just as we get to Christmas week.  I spent Thanksgiving in the hospital, and I really do not want to have a repeat performance at Christmas time!  We'll see...

After that, we made a trip to the millwork shop and ordered all of our interior doors.  They will come in just as we get back in January, so we will have plenty to do inside the house if the weather prevents us from painting the exterior of the house in January.  Painting outside in January.  Hmmm.  Do you know how strange that sounds to someone who grew up in Wisconsin?  I understand that our northern home was covered in three inches of snow just this morning while we were riding around in air conditioning because the temperature topped 80 degrees today. The United States really does cover all climates and temperature ranges.

From the millwork shop we went to my regular doctor here in town who referred me to an area rheumatologist.  I also talked to the rheumatologist's office in Wisconsin to coordinate appointments with her for late spring.  Having two homes is wonderful, but coordinating healthcare in two states takes a great deal of time and energy.

Soon the front doors will have solar shades for privacy in theevening and shade during the summer.
After lunch and a little rest, we drove to Lowe's to see about blinds on the front doors.  As mentioned earlier, there was no way that we could afford $1000 for blinds.  Funny thing.  We talked to a designer that we have worked with in the past, found the exact same solar shade material that the other guy tried to sell us for $800, and ended up ordering those shades with the same roller and chain drive for less than $240.  Will Gladys have the best on the market?   No, but she will have something equally as beautiful and functional for far less the cost.  She may not have the fanciest dress on the block, but the old girl will look pretty darn good with what we hang on her front doors.Those blinds, too, will be delivered in January.

By the time we got back home, I was pretty tired.  As always, I tried to avoid close contact with people while still functioning to get my life and our remodeling business completed. 

We took many positive steps today to get our lives back on track, and those accomplishments have given us both a sense of power and productiveness.  We'll be glad to continue that progress in January as we start to work on putting all of the pieces into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment