Thursday, May 15, 2014

Ready to Go

We spent the day getting Gladys ready for our extended leave.  The good thing about spending only half a year at each residence is that every six months, I am force to thoroughly scrub out the refrigerator!  I also took a sponge to the microwave and the oven, ran the dishwasher for the last time, and have one more load of laundry tonight to make sure that everything is washed and put away.

This afternoon we took a little break from cleaning floors, packing bags, and scrubbing bathrooms to walk around the mall and to do a little shopping.  I have few pants that will actually fit me when we get to Green Bay since my medical condition has caused me to lose weight, so I bought a pair of jeans at Kohl's and a pair of dressier pants at Sear's (their Lands' End store).  I don't know why I even bother with sizes anymore.  Depending on the designer, the style, and the cost, I now have clothes in sizes XS, S, and Medium for tops and sizes 4, 6, 8, and 10 in pants. While the 10 pants are a bit big, I have not been able to fit into a size 4 since fourth grade!  Ridiculous.

We did a great job this year in eating out the refrigerator.  A pound of butter and a little shredded cheese went to the neighbors, and very little actually went into the garbage can this morning.  I am pleased that we did not waste much food, although this past week has led to some creative meals. Tonight, since the refrigerator is totally down, we went for one last good meal at Cafe Alfresco.  Rick had his usual burger, and I have a delicious pulled-pork sandwich.  We figured with nothing but fast food before us for the next three days, we deserved one final meal at a good restaurant.  I ate too much.

We leave at 3:30 tomorrow morning, so I hope that I am not so keyed up that I cannot sleep tonight.  We will miss our Florida life, but we are both looking forward to seeing family and friends as we get into our "summer life" in Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment