Monday, May 14, 2018

Retirement

We went to church, and I prayed for rain.  We finally got some late last night, and it is still overcast and trying to sprinkle as I write this.  Rain is predicted for the next few days, and we so badly need it that I don't think people here will complain if they have to get wet.  Our grass actually "crunches" when I walk on it, so any green that the rain produces will be much appreciated.

Yesterday I asked Rick to take a picture of me standing next to our hibiscus.  I want this to be the "before" picture so I can take an "after" picture when we return in the fall.  That way I can judge how much the hibiscus has grown over the summer.

Right now, the hibiscus is just a little above my knees.

We've been a bit lazy the last day or so.  Our actions continue to pack things away or sort things out.  We passed about five rummage sales yesterday. (Must be that time of year!)  Rick asked if I wanted to stop at any of them, and I replied, "Truthfully, no. There is not one more thing I need to bring into this house."  About the only thing I would even think of buying are books that I could pass on to several of the "little library" boxes scattered across the neighborhoods or puzzles that I could pass on to Chris or to the public library.  Otherwise, we have filled the house with all that we need.

Speaking of puzzles, I completed a small 300 piece puzzle yesterday.  It is part of a box of 8 puzzles that I bought at the Library for a couple of dollars.  They are so colorful that they are fun and not at all hard to do.  The 300 piece can be done in one day.  I finished both 100 piece scenes, and I have one more 300 piece one, two 500 piece scenes, and two 1000 piece puzzles.  They are a fun way to exercise my mind and to pass the time.  I'll definitely save them for you, Chris.

The 300 piece puzzle only took a little time to complete.


Other than that, reading, exploring what we want to build and to do next year, and scheduling a gazillion appointments when we travel to the North have taken up our time.  This is what retirement is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment