Wednesday, October 29, 2014

A Day of 70s

After pushing ourselves all week, we needed -- and took -- a down day today.  No work on the bathroom, no work in the garage, no work outside: priceless.

We waited this morning for our new Schwan's man to find our house.  The street that allows easy access to the neighborhood is still closed, so I really give the guy credit that he found us.  We stocked our refrigerator with $70.00 worth of food. I am glad that we have some great-tasting meals that are easy to access and easy to prepare.

After that, a trip to Publix lightened our wallet by another $70.00, but at last we are restocked with the basics to make meals for the next few weeks. Lunch was comprised of delicious Publix sandwiches, but it was already too hot outside to enjoy a picnic in the park, so we ate at home.

This afternoon we drove to Largo to see the showroom of one of the glass dealers that sells shower doors.  We found exactly what we were looking for, and the price was almost a $1000.00 less than the dealer quoted us here in town.  When we asked why their price was so reasonable, the woman waiting on us said, "Experience.  We know how to quote, we know how to order, and we know how to install.  We have been in business over 50 years, and we do the job right."  Although we have not ordered yet, when the tiles are installed, we will call Largo Glass to come back in to measure for our glass shower wall and door.  Rick is delighted.

From there, we ventured into Michael's for me to get some embroidery frames. I have to keep my hands busy, so I am trying to embroider some holiday towels, but the fabric is too soft for me to do a good job without some kind of a stretcher or hoop on which to work.  On our way out of the store, we saw a huge display of fall flower arrangements, all for 70% off. (Today, 70 seems to be the magic number!).  I found a beautiful bouquet of flowers in a big green can that goes well with all of the colors in our living room.  I have long wanted a bouquet for our hall table, and now I have one.  The best part was that the bouquet cost me less than $20.00, and if you know the price of silk flowers, you know what a good deal I got on this arrangement.
A new flower arrangement adds a pop of color to the living room.

From there we made a quick stop at Sam's for a couple of items, and then came home.  I had some over-ripe bananas waiting for my attention, so as I write this a loaf of banana/ pear/ nut bread is in the oven. I do not know how it will taste, but it certainly smells good.

We learned long ago that no matter what you are doing, be it working, remodeling, traveling, or sightseeing on vacation, everyone needs a down day to break the routine just to refresh both the mind and the body.  I am glad that we took today off.  See, Lindsay, we don't overwork ourselves every day. Tomorrow, we'll see what we feel like doing...

No comments:

Post a Comment