Saturday, January 9, 2016

Windows and Wishes

I have not written lately because we really have not done much.  Somehow I picked up an intestinal bacteria (or lack thereof) during or right after our journey back to Gladys, so I have been trying to recover for the last week.  A trip to the doctor and numerous tests will challenge how quickly we reach our new $4000 deductible on our health insurance this year.

I am finally feeling better although the medication I am taking upsets my stomach and occasionally gives me a terrible headache.  Today, so far, so good.  This morning I tackled laundry and cleaning both bathrooms.  Rick worked on paperwork in his office, and when he finished there he ventured outside to clean the windows.  Florida is a very sandy, dusty place, so washing windows has become a every-other-month task.  Thankfully, we have a good system, so the cleaning goes well.

After lunch, we faced going to the grocery store to get waffles and a lottery ticket.  The Powerball lottery has reached a new-time high of offering between $900,000,000 and $1 billion.  They changed the rules so that more people could win "little prizes" which has resulted in no one winning the Jackpot for a long time.

However, we heard on the news last night that someone in Dunedin, Florida, won $1 million at the Publix where we always shop.  We needed the waffles, so we ventured out in the rain to get them and to pick up a Powerball ticket.  Ha!  The waffles were easy, but we bypassed the line that wound around the whole Service desk in Publix.  Don't people know the chances of winning big at the same place two times in a row are not really good?I Buying a ticket there would have been convenient, but I value my time more than waiting in line.

We headed home but stopped at Winn Dixie for some cheese sticks for Rick.  When we went in, the line for Powerball tickets was considerably shorter than at Publix: I was third in line.  The woman in front of me spent $22.00 on 11 picks.  Rick and I are cheap.  We spent $4.00 for two picks.  I figure if I am meant to win, I can do that in two numbers as well as in 11 numbers, and I have more money left in my wallet than the woman in front of me.

So we will see if I become a multi-millionaire tonight.  I'll let you know if we win. Don't hold your breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment