Monday, January 16, 2017

Still Waiting

We are playing the waiting game once again... both for parts and for contractors.

The Kohler replacement parts are supposedly on their way, but nothing has arrived in the mail yet.

Yesterday we made contact with the concrete contractor to put in a concrete sidewalk in the front yard.  Since we could not find the pavers that worked well with the house and the pitch tile colors, we have opted for a traditional concrete slab and walkway.  By having the slab concrete, we will have a level surface on which to put a bench, and I will be able to put out a colorful pot, perhaps with some flowers, to add visual interest to the entryway.

Since we live in this town, the job will cost us about $300 more than it would in a neighboring town.  Why?  Because this city is the only one in the county that requires a permit for the work, and it also requires that since the concrete will touch the house, the contractor must spray for termites before he pours the concrete.  Thus, the $300 extra...

At this point, I just want it finished.  I am tired of the mud and dirt that we must deal with now, and I have murderous intentions for whatever cats or critters are using the front area as their personal litter boxes.  Let them go crap in their own yard!

Yesterday Rick became obsessed with cleaning the floors.  He got down on his hands and knees with a bucket of water and a towel, and he scrubbed all of the floors.  They do look much brighter and cleaner than before; now we must try to keep them somewhat clean.

I started on the windows today, but Rick did not seem willing to help me take down the screens, so I stopped.  I finished all of the doors, but all of the windows have yet to be washed.  I suppose he is angry with me for not helping with the floors yesterday even though I warned him that I had other plans.  So be it.

If I get ambitious enough, I might try a few more windows today.  I will NOT try to kill myself and do the whole house in one day.  That is just silly.  I will do a few at a time, and eventually they will all be finished.

My bougainvillea around the tree in the back yard are gorgeous.  They remind me that I need to go out and feed them once again so that they continue to be healthy and to keep blooming.

This blog shows that even though we are waiting for parts and for contractors, just the maintenance on this house gives us plenty of projects to occupy our time.

No comments:

Post a Comment