Saturday, May 16, 2020

Last Minute Projects

While Rick continued to paint the back porch today, I decided to handle our purchases from yesterday by planting my container garden.

We wanted to get the porch treated lumber painted this year, now that it has had a year to dry.  Rick started yesterday with the south wall so we could hang the sun shades on that side once the paint dries.  However, since we are expecting 2 inches of rain tomorrow -- and no sun -- we will wait until Monday to hang the shades.  Why get them soggy when we do not have to do so?

Today he started painting the east wall of the porch.  If we do not get that job done before his surgery on Tuesday, I can always finish it later.

The perfect place for my lilac is in this corner.
It will get lots of sun but still be protected from
harsh winds.

We purchased a new purple lilac bush to replace the one that the tree service morons destroyed two years ago.  Now that the fence is up, I wanted the bush back in the same corner.  Rick dug the hole, and we now have a familiar sight when we look in that direction.  I hope that in time it will nicely fill the corner.

The yellow pot contains green bell pepper plants
while the metal tub from my Dad contains two
varieties of zucchini.

Next came my container gardens.  Since food prices are skyrocketing thanks to the Covid-19 pandemic, I decided to expand my garden beyond my normal two tomato plants.  At Stein's yesterday, I purchased what I knew we would eat in different varieties.  We will see what grows the best.
Four pots with three different varieties of tomatoes will happily
grow on our back screened-in patio.  We'll see which pot produces
the most tomatoes.

As soon as I finish this blog, I am back outside to cut the grass for the first time this season.  Rick planted grass in the bare spots of the lawn this morning, so  I want to cut the rest of the grass before the rains tomorrow.  Tomorrow I can tackle my indoor cleaning and sewing chores.  No matter what, we both always find things to do. Only unimaginative people get bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment