Thursday, March 24, 2016

Getting Ready for Easter

Yesterday I went back to the front yard to try to take out some of the half-dead weeds from around the paver stones to the front door.  I got about half of the work done before the sun started to get too warm.  It looks better, but far from perfect.  I paid for my work last night with a knee ache that would not end.  Hm-m-m.  That could not be old age setting in, could it?  After all, I did just "celebrate" another birthday.

That last sentence poses the question: at what age do we stop celebrating a birthday and just tolerate them?  I guess I should not complain; I am still younger than most of my friends and many of my relatives, and I should be thankful that I am alive to celebrate each milestone.

 We just heard from our daughters, both of whom were caught in the path of the latest spring blizzard.  Green Bay received six inches of snow (and Lindsay's snowblower died) while Rochester, MN, piled up 10 inches.  They can have it.  Rick and I took a nice walk around the neighborhood this morning before the weather got too hot and before the rain comes in this afternoon.

Rick spent most of yesterday trying to beat a terrible headache, but at least we know of the 13 different things to which he is allergic.  We go to the doctor this afternoon to find out what he can do to finally get some relief and to feel better again.

Around here, I am just slowly cleaning the house in preparation for our guests this Easter.  I also have to remember to pick up fresh fruit for the Easter breakfast at church.  I might try some creative arrangement for the breakfast table.

Easter lunch itself will remain simple: chicken rather than salty ham, rolls, green beans, cherries and blueberries, cranberries, and perhaps a simple salad.  Wine or milk will add the liquid libations, and we will end with key lime pie for dessert.  Not typical, but no one ever could put that label to what I create anyway.  I hope all will be relaxing and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment